How did you hear about #GGP

All things Greatland Gold.
MrTiB
Reactions:

Re: How did you hear about #GGP

Post by MrTiB »

A friend mentioned it around 10p. First time dabbling in the markets so been an almighty learning experience so far. Looking to top up when my motorbike sells as topped up at 25p which ruined my average.
GregY
Reactions:

Post by GregY »

Picked up from UKOG board I think prior to Newcrest walking, said to Mrs we will either wake up Millionaires tomorrow or considerably poorer, they walked so poorer :). Added as I could and reduced my average and now sitting at 6,3M betweeen ISA and SIPPS and happy as a pig in you know what even though down £1.6m from the highs of 38p. I know, I know but Im convinced this is the real deal so why sell early reducing your holding, Im in it for the real dough. GLA
thelearner
Reactions:

Post by thelearner »

It was mentioned on another forum on LSE - I am sure it was SML forum (SML disaster for me! hold over 4million at average of around 1.4p - current SP 0.3p - lessons learned.) I think it was either DJRyan or DVHarrisson that mentioned GGP.
Anyway headed to the GGP board on LSE and the GGP website - I certainly remember being encouraged by Paddy's posts and Satellite pics. Some time later I started investigating about underground mining methods and researching what NCM had achieved at Cadia. That's when I kind of got into discussions with Bamps - I can easily understand underground mining and engineering - but cannot quite grasp geology and Bamps is amazing.

I bought my first shares at 1.68 in April 2019 - and was nervous about getting in too deep because of my SML experience - I was convinced by GGP and Hav. Continued to buy all they way up to 33p, inc the morning of the Scally results - must admit got carried away with Scally and FOMO, but have continued to buy all the way down and still buying last week.

Have read lots of info on LSE from a lot of valued posters during these last 3 and a bit years.
Junior mining explorers - I've learned, you need a lot of patience, things do not happen quickly - Hav being the exception to that - and I still need to learn to sell at peaks and buy back in the dips - which I've never managed to do!
First GGP Purchase April 2019. Then never stopped. From the lows to the highs to the lows. Staying Long.
Djingle
Reactions:

Post by Djingle »

I used to use the iii chat board, I had been using since the early 2000's. That board died a death when they gave it a redesign and a lot of folk moved over the LSE. I took a punt in GGP way back in 2015 - 1 or 2 grand I think I put in, it was a tip from the board but cannot remember who.
Then started building my position from 2019 onwards...
Curdy
Reactions:

Post by Curdy »

First read about GGP on another chat board (I think on iii before their redesign too) in Mar/Apr 2018 (Ernest Giles/Newmont days), must have included some detail, thanks to whoever it was. Built up holding as I accumulated more info thanks to Bamps, Paddy, Magic, Bottle, etc., sharing their knowledge and have been a firm, warm-handed holder ever since.
Greatland Gold Fields Forever!
Renursetired
Reactions:

Post by Renursetired »

Hi all,
I too came across GGP on the Tullow Oil chat and started doing some research before taking the plunge in mid 2017 @ 0.5p and have accumulated around 1.3m shares since at average of 1.7p apart from my wife’s ISA (money laundering account she calls it). This is my first post ever on share chat though I have been an avid reader on the LSE chat, I have picked up some useful knowledge and fully appreciate the input by others more knowledgeable than myself. However, my enjoyment of the LSE chat has declined steadily over the past months as the level of bickering and non GGP content increased. I am looking forward to a more focussed chat and thank all involved for giving their time to set this all up. H
justsaythiscani
Reactions:

Post by justsaythiscani »

I was in SXX (sorry yes I know wash my mouth out) and towards the end a guy who's name I forget and wish i could thank recommended GGP and I've been in ever since SXX went under.
Unexpected3D
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by Unexpected3D »

On the AML page on LSE.

Had a read, did some research. Watched the price go from 5p to 12p. Eventually got in at 15p ish from memory.

Kept buying up, kept buying down.

Hoping this turns into a long term investment master stroke!
sweet-tooth
Reactions:

Post by sweet-tooth »

As a few others - I was in TW. and wondered what all the commotion was about - followed TomE on and here we are, looking forward to the £ sign appearing!
HappySoAndSo
Reactions:

Post by HappySoAndSo »

I was looking to create a portfolio of shares.
I searched for the most volatile shares: big movements up, big movements down.
I was working on the basis that shares which moved a lot would give quick returns.
GGP was one of those (I put in £1000).

Now I'm in for the long haul with many more than I started with.
hizer
Reactions:

Post by hizer »

Have keep watching GGP ever since the Havieron find but never thought the share price would fall so much.
Made first of several purchases from late march till now this year.
Sally
Reactions:

Post by Sally »

Hello! I’m on my phone and so far so good - in fact better than good - very impressed!

Same as a few others GGP was mentioned on Sirius chat - very grateful - almost worth investing in Sirius! 🤣
Condorlini
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by Condorlini »

Was lucky enough to be introduced pre EG from a discussion I was having with a random Rio investor. Someone earlier mentioned Applegarth.. was he the guy that was very active in 2017, and used to post updates between delivery drops in his Van?
Pistonbroke
Reactions:

Post by Pistonbroke »

Hey all, glad to be on board!

I am very much a PI, found out about GGP some years ago from a friend and at the time I was just learning as I did not have any spare funds to invest. He raved about this amazing opportunity and I watched the SP go from sub 1p all the way up to 30p plus, all the time wishing I'd been able to get onboard. I finally got into a position to invest at around the 32p mark and have invested a fair amount since.

I'm sat firmly on my hands and will remain so until hell freezes over! :)
“Aww gee lady, I just came here to drill” “Oh! So did I!!” :D
GregY
Reactions:

Post by GregY »

GregY wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:07 pm Picked up from UKOG board I think prior to Newmont walking, said to Mrs we will either wake up Millionaires tomorrow or considerably poorer, they walked so poorer :). Added as I could and reduced my average and now sitting at 6,3M betweeen ISA and SIPPS and happy as a pig in you know what even though down £1.6m from the highs of 38p. I know, I know but Im convinced this is the real deal so why sell early reducing your holding, Im in it for the real dough. GLA
ManInGreen
Reactions:

Post by ManInGreen »

My first and only dip into Gold/Mining shares. Also heard about GGP from a reference on the TW board, which I had also bought for the dividends, but luckily got out at a good price. With GGP I've learned as much as possible, with PaddyGall, Hydrogen, Zoros and Bamps21 etc extremely helpful. Would have bought in at 8p but had to support family temporarily, and started in at 16p, average now 20p. Had thought of getting out at 36p-ish (yes, I know, easy to be clever with hindsight, a superpower I haven't got!) as I've always been convinced it's another 2/3 years before things come to fruition. Hard to be so underwater with the SP, but been here before over many years, and I have rarely come across a share like GGP. Excited for the future, and would like my sincere thanks to go to all the great posters who give so freely and expertly. All the best, MIG
Quinton55
Reactions:

Post by Quinton55 »

I was looking to diversify a portion of my SIPP holdings to take on some riskier investments with a focus on gold. After reading a webpost about an Australian explorer that had struck gold at depth close to a massive processing plant that was running out of ore I was hooked. Initially bought Jan 2018 20,000 @0.8p = £172! Now have 750,000 @2p and not selling anytime soon.
Enjoying the new site - well done creators.
Samplank
Reactions:

Post by Samplank »

A poster I respected on another BB said GGP was the only other share he was invested in, so, I took a look, did some research, and here I am..
GGP share price at that time was 1 .7p.
ATB, Sam
VianaC
Reactions:

Post by VianaC »

February 2014 someone in the SOLG chat mentioned GGP, did a bit of research, liked it and bought my first 100,000 shares for around 500 quid :)
Been adding all the way up to mid 20's
Had to sell some recently, that was a painful experience.
Pompeydel
Reactions:

Post by Pompeydel »

GGP was recommended by my fiancées brother in law about a year ago when the price was about 20p. He bought in years ago at about 0.3p and is still very well off even at todays price. I've been topping up at these lower prices to bring my average price down. I'm relatively new to investing and the great, informative posts I've read on lse and here about this company has kept me feeling confident about my shareholding and adding to it.