Sprott not a fan of NCM

All things Greatland Gold.
Wasred15
Reactions:

Re: Sprott not a fan of NCM

Post by Wasred15 »

I have great faith in SD as IMO he has accepted that, under the terms of the original which he infers was biased in favour of NCM, he came away with as good a deal as he could expect for the 5%. IF, and I personally believe if to be a big IF, NCM go for the remaining 25%, it will find GGP, in the form of SD, an entirely different beast with which to negotiate. If any of the promising tenements GGP hold do come up trumps, NCM has done itself no favours.
archer1415
Reactions:

Post by archer1415 »

hizer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:39 pm According to Simply Wall St on 22nd July the general public hold 48.6% of GGP shares in issue.
Institutions hold 50.5% and private companies, insiders and public companies hold the rest.
I am also of the opinion that this share will continue to be shorted until NCM try to buy our 25%.
Would be happier if private investors held a bigger percentage, to give a bit of a buffer against institutions who may sell out for less.
I find the FT tearsheets fairly useful. Only the top holders are given though but you can see any recent changes. Market Screener reckon the free-float is at 94.7%

https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/te ... ?s=GGP:LSE
College Yard
Reactions:

Post by College Yard »

Several years ago I was invested in Mariana Resources which made a good discovery in Turkey. Sprott made a large investment but - in my opinion - their involvement was unhelpful for ordinary shareholders. It didn't take long for Mariana to be bought out by Canadian streamer Sandstorm Gold.

Since that time I tend to hope that Sprott don't get involved in a share I hold - and that's what I have always felt with regard to their interest in GGP. But - these latest Sprott notes are causing me to revise my opinion. The clear impression I'm getting is Sprott really wants Greatland to go forward as a Northern Star mark 2 - which IMO is why they're calling out NCM on their tactics.

For me - that's in ordinary shareholders' best interests. That's my preference. I wish they had done as much for Mariana.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

archer1415 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:05 am
hizer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:39 pm According to Simply Wall St on 22nd July the general public hold 48.6% of GGP shares in issue.
Institutions hold 50.5% and private companies, insiders and public companies hold the rest.
I am also of the opinion that this share will continue to be shorted until NCM try to buy our 25%.
Would be happier if private investors held a bigger percentage, to give a bit of a buffer against institutions who may sell out for less.
I find the FT tearsheets fairly useful. Only the top holders are given though but you can see any recent changes. Market Screener reckon the free-float is at 94.7%

https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/te ... ?s=GGP:LSE
Starvest are not on that list...
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Nitram64
Reactions:

Post by Nitram64 »

speedymeadie
Reactions:

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi All. Love the line" 6 to 9 MTPA for long life tier 1 asset" and we now own 30%. ATB Speedy