How did you hear about #GGP

All things Greatland Gold.
KevinWT
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Re: How did you hear about #GGP

Post by KevinWT »

Like many others my first recollection of hearing about GGP was on the TW board whilst I was dabbling with stocks during lockdown in 2020.
I discussed it at work with a couple of guys who invested to get their opinion and as a result started buying around the 4 - 5p mark and in my case up to 36p and right down to current level.
Underwater at the moment but in it for the long haul.
ATB Kev
Greanbean
Reactions:

Post by Greanbean »

In 2018 I looked for 2 different gold explorers to invest a little in without proper research, GGP being one of them. First traded at 1.6p, regrettably only started holding and putting serious cash in at 8 - 28p. Planning to continue holding after production starts.
Good luck everyone and thanks to all for setting this place up, I couldn’t rejoin telegram a while back for some reason.
Babyizzyboo06!
Reactions:

Post by Babyizzyboo06! »

In early 2020 just after my husband had died suddenly I was in a tiny Spanish village up in the mountains when Covid struck! Restrictions were immediate and very strict! I had also lost a lot of money on BMR run by a CEO Alex Borrelli!! You could phone him and chat about the shares and promised you the earth….he sold out on the shareholders and we lost all our money. Reading the boards I found out about his history and which other Company’s he was involved in. Having nothing much else to do I DMOR and found GGP run by Gervaise and Callum and was quite impressed. Reading the BB I found Paddy, BAMPS, Magic, Hydro etc and bought in at around 3p and topping up regularly even when in the 30’s. My average now is 14p; so definitely in the red but do what Paddy says “Sit on myHands!”…..and pray! Being a Capricorn I do get depressed about the SP but there are so many positives l live in hope. Finally with all the carry on over the shorts etc there is always the worry about our CEO and his history!!!
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

Babyizzyboo06! wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:41 am Finally with all the carry on over the shorts etc there is always the worry about our CEO and his history!!!
I think you might mean Chairman if you are referring to Mr Borelli.
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Stuartw6040
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by Stuartw6040 »

I first heard about GGP on both the UKOG and the SXX boards, I think it was Applegarth. Joined on the hype for EG at about 2p and put what was left of UKOG and SXX into it, only for NM to walk and me to be 80% down again. Thankfully I averaged down with my lowest buy at 0.0056. After Had 5 I really begun to research and when we pulled back to mid 1p I put my bonus in. then in the covid crash we went down to about 2.6p and I took a loan and bashed it in. Ive been averaging up ever since and am still all in GGP, here for the very very long term as are my girls in their ISA's. The journey has been incredibly volitile, but the community constant. I dont think I could ever fully sell out of GGP, its been my life for so many years now. Hold for gold greatland soldiers!
Babyizzyboo06!
Reactions:

Post by Babyizzyboo06! »

Apologies Liam! I did mean Chairman! Think I got a bit emotional writing about my fears….Very happy with CEO and your interviews re assured me no end. I bought another batch or two. Congratulations on this new forum. Still trying to get my head round it though. Well done.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

Babyizzyboo06! wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:01 pm Apologies Liam! I did mean Chairman! Think I got a bit emotional writing about my fears….Very happy with CEO and your interviews re assured me no end. I bought another batch or two. Congratulations on this new forum. Still trying to get my head round it though. Well done.
Thank you, - and, I am really sorry to hear of your loss. :cry:
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Gold Digga
Reactions:

Post by Gold Digga »

Just from a colleague, almost 11 years ago!
Wish i knew then, what i know now and that i had more cash to invest at the time.
PeakyKinder
Reactions:

Post by PeakyKinder »

I can't actually remember what started me off, but it was back in 2011. I bought a few, but sold out. I bought back in in 2017 and haven't looked back since.
speedymeadie
Reactions:

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi All. My first involvement with GGP was after Newmont walked and the SP tumbled to almost nothing, too good an opportunity. I had a significant holding in Sirius minerals at the time and with JPM sniffing around i decided to get out and advised other investors to look at GGP. Now they (JPM) have followed me here and look what has happened. I have a healthy dislike of JPM and will not be sad to see them get a bloody nose one day. It will not be from their short position here, i think it will be from the massive derivative market implosion coming soon. ATB Speedy
HarryPLF
Reactions:

Post by HarryPLF »

First lockdown for me! Was spending too much time being annoyed at social media posts and diverted a little more time to my holdings/trading instead. Picked up on this via a chat about Aston Martin shares as it happens.
archer1415
Reactions:

Post by archer1415 »

Hi Greatlanders, with rising interest rates many good companies with high debt or fixed service contracts are so highly geared I thought, dangerous things happen when I start thinking, that a gold mining ETF could be just the hedge and that's where I spotted Greenland. Did-MOR and invested. Posting as jaka on ADFVN and lurking on LSE this board is a most welcome change to the overwhelming tittle tattle and graffiti posters that have ruined those platforms for the rest. Thank you Liam and the crew for making all this possible, stirling stuff, and I look forward to reading all your posts as the story unfolds. Cheers Johnny.
Westo 73
Reactions:

Post by Westo 73 »

Took a punt in 2011 after coming across GGP on another board.😃😃
wardy19641
Reactions:

Post by wardy19641 »

brother in law told me about GGP towards the end of 2017.
have managed to get 1.75m shares at an average of 3.21
had 1.5 million until about 3 months ago and bought another 250000 - on LSE but don’t post as there’s just too many people who seem to crave other peoples misfortunes
new to this board and follow paddy on twitter
cheers
Ruthyb
Reactions:

Post by Ruthyb »

I read a post from someone (sadly can't remember who) whilst invested in another share that almost wiped me out. I took the little we had left from buyout and bought into GGP at 5.9 to try and recoup some money. Hanging on for the long run and very thankful for the tip.
All the best GGPers
Ruth
speedymeadie
Reactions:

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi All. What jumps out in this thread is the number of people who have invested by listening to others on a chat site. So i really does matter what is said on chat sites and what is said can have the effect of introducing new investors. Best get out there and spread the word. ATB Speedy
Gothedistance
Reactions:

Post by Gothedistance »

Back in December 2017 there was a feed on LSE called something like ‘what is your share tip for 2018’. The feed was about 12 pages long and i went through every single post (Maybes 15 per page) and wrote down the number of times each share ticker appeared then totalled each tip. At the time my investments were going nowhere so, without doing any further research, i relied just on the scores on that feed and invested in the top 3 ranked shares which included a company with the ticker GGP.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Gothedistance wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:38 pm Back in December 2017 there was a feed on LSE called something like ‘what is your share tip for 2018’. The feed was about 12 pages long and i went through every single post (Maybes 15 per page) and wrote down the number of times each share ticker appeared then totalled each tip. At the time my investments were going nowhere so, without doing any further research, i relied just on the scores on that feed and invested in the top 3 ranked shares which included a company with the ticker GGP.
Out of interest what were the others that you invested in?
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
Gothedistance
Reactions:

Post by Gothedistance »

Rotherby wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:59 pm
Gothedistance wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:38 pm Back in December 2017 there was a feed on LSE called something like ‘what is your share tip for 2018’. The feed was about 12 pages long and i went through every single post (Maybes 15 per page) and wrote down the number of times each share ticker appeared then totalled each tip. At the time my investments were going nowhere so, without doing any further research, i relied just on the scores on that feed and invested in the top 3 ranked shares which included a company with the ticker GGP.
Out of interest what were the others that you invested in?

Haha i thought someone would ask that q and i knew i couldn't remember the others, so i have been back through my cash history. The other 2 were Westminster Group and Shanta Gold. That same week i also invested in Cityfibre Infrastructure and Oxford Biomedica, so it must have been the top 5 not the top 3. All the other 4 have long since been sold. Strangely enough Newmont walked not long after my GGP investment so with the drop in SP I just forgot all about my GGP investment until January 20 when i started to by more on the rise over the 6 months to July 20.
Gadbury
Reactions:

Post by Gadbury »

Hello all. Thanks Liam and team for setting up the marvellous forums 👍

Someone mentioned GGP on the LSE SXX chat boards when the sh*t was hitting the fan at Sirius Minerals. Thankfully, I decided to research Greatland Gold based on the recommendation. I took a chunk of what I had left and started buying GGP at around 1.8p.

I'd love to know who the tipster was - I owe them one!