Questions I'd love to ask Shaun and the GGP team

All things Greatland Gold.
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Questions I'd love to ask Shaun and the GGP team

Post by DipSard »

A few of us have had a couple of interesting twitter convo's with Don Durrett in regards to GGP as he is somewhat of a critic at this juncture in the long term potential for GGP to transition into a producer/developer on it's own footing although we've made his famous list as a company with potential.

TBF he is not as obsessed in researching GGP as many of us are and also not biased as an existing shareholder as of course once you tend to hold shares in a company with a long term investment in mind, you're obviously highly optimistic on the outlook :-)

After last nights debate with him, I thought it would be good to have a thread where we could post questions we'd like to ask Shaun if we had the chance vs submitting during webinars and hoping they get selected as I was writing mine out to submit for the town hall on the 28th as looking unlikely I can attend in person.

My thinking is that perhaps Liam can convince Shaun and the team to pop into here and get a feel for shareholder concerns and thoughts without the filtering that occurs through other platforms.
“Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Re: Questions I'd love to ask Shaun and the GGP team

Post by DipSard »

Please can you articulate your case for potential investors sitting on the fence that GGP will be able to transition from explorer to a company that can develop and operate their own mines?

Most of our near-term potential projects are linked to Newcrest i.e Hav and Juri JV’s and Scallywag being a contender for a JV too if prospective. How much emphasis will GGP be placing on building other opportunities in the next 5 years to grow more independence and through which methods?

Ernest Giles seems to be considered another potential star of the portfolio, can you detail exploration timelines and if determined as a viable project, options and timeframes for development taking into account infrastructure and capital requirements?

My opinion on recent developments is the choice in funding partners such as Wyloo, Board additions and a planned ASX listing is GGP intends to adopt an aggressive inorganic growth strategy focused on accelerated growth?

The mining sector is of course cyclical as long term GGP investors have found over the last 2 years despite such positive progress! Looking ahead, we know Havieron’s economics will assist in weathering difficult conditions but what other steps have/will you take to deal with potential challenges such as inflation, depressed asset prices, supply chain issues in the years ahead?

Looking beyond production commencement of circa 3mtpa at Havieron, you outlined a potential Eastern Breccia PFS within 3 years with the former ‘gap zone now becoming a ‘link zone’. Perhaps adding another year for the DFS, how long after this to running either selective or bulk mining in parallel with the SLOS mine to increase production and by how much, the Sprott notes suggest an additional 6mtpa?

Perhaps mostly due to Macro headwinds, the new additions to the Board, yourself and new institutions have benefited from a very depressed SP. The quality and pedigree of all is top class and you should be applauded for bring in such partnerships. But I’d like a detailed understanding of how performance and ROI will be measured. Personally I expect to see results in line with their generous options vs them enjoying a production rerate passively.
The Doors
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by The Doors »

Where are you against this year’s Operating Plan and are all of the key performance indicators being delivered and what is behind plan at the moment?

How does the company deliver so many projects to timelines with a relatively small team ?

Is the company overstretching it’s capabilities in any respect?

All of these should help us understand how much is according to plan and what factors might be inhibiting progress. It’s a slant at asking if the NCM dependency is good.
GoGreen1
Reactions:

Post by GoGreen1 »

Dip this is a great idea.
I’d support all your questions so far and given recent events would add:

(This one could be appended to your question on inorganic growth). There has been a lot of speculation in the private investor community about the need, and any purpose for, the proposed further dilution of up to another third of the free share float. Can you indicate any further whether such further issue of shares would only or most likely be used to support such inorganic growth.

Re the Wyloo tie up and the clear linkage this gives to Andrew Forrest, given his recent commitment of Fortescue to carbon neutrality, do you feel Havieron and specifically its copper (and any other Pms such as nickel) could play a part in Fortescue’s commitment.

There has been talk for some time, of a possible divestment of a Tasmania asset. Is this getting any closer?

What key lessons has he learned from his experiences at Northern Star in particular (and similarly what learnings do the new directors bring) that will help GGP to succeed in transitioning to a large producer like NST has?

Thank you.
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Bear in mind there are thousands of shareholders who also wish to ask Q's. So this gathering list from a few on this platform may/will be severely reduced to maybe one or two pertinent Q's - at the actual meeting.
Might be better to use the long list of Q's if/when SD is interviewed by Liam or similar?
Z
TallChapJG
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by TallChapJG »

Question for Shaun

If Artemis Resources pulled a cord out similar to HAD05 on Havierons border, would you be making a phone call to try and buy them and have you ever spoken to the MD regarding possible future purchase if this happens ?
Call me Chap
ManFromUruguay
Reactions:

Post by ManFromUruguay »

A question I would like to ask relates specifically to the three new Board members.
They come to GGP with illustrious backgrounds and enviable track records. Individually can Shaun give some greater clarity around what we can expect by way of value added contributions from each of them.

Best regards MFU
RationalAssessor
Reactions:

Post by RationalAssessor »

Nice question MFU.

Following on from that, I would like to ask Shaun about his (and his BoD's) strategic view.

"Where do you expect GGP to be in 5/7 years time - how much would Havieron be producing? do we have other producing assets? where are we exploring?"

ATB RA
SoundOfSilence
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by SoundOfSilence »

I would like a simple question asked.

Have discussions already started with other parties in regards to M&A? If so, without going into specifics, can you tell us how far progressed these talks have got?

🤗
Bite me, Baby
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Mine is a simple request.

The 2d representations of the ore body are hard to understand, can you find a way of giving us 3d animation of the ore body.

GGP and Newcrest must have this on their software and often software has an export mode to allow others without the software to view.
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Post by DipSard »

I'd love to know what kind of interaction and involvement there is between the teams at GGP and Newcrest in terms of planning and project management of the decline and existing and future infrastructure?
We know there are weekly meetings but what is discussed at these and what kind of tasks are GGP involved in?
Acechaser
Reactions:

Post by Acechaser »

So some pretty simple questions that could be answered in a few minutes or so then. Maybe we just book SD for a day with us only.
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Post by DipSard »

Acechaser wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:37 pm So some pretty simple questions that could be answered in a few minutes or so then. Maybe we just book SD for a day with us only.
I think Shaun spending 15 mins reading this thread would serve as a better tool for understanding shareholder thoughts on recent developments before the town hall than a certain web site today Ace.
Jiffy
Reactions:

Post by Jiffy »

I am on the same sheet as Sound of silence, ie .

'Have discussions already started with other parties in regards to M&A? If so, without going into specifics, can you tell us how far progressed these talks have got?'

This for me is a very important consideration indeed ,when considering the prospect of much further dilution re resolutions 3 to 5.

So, I would simply like to ask Shaun, 'Under what circumstances might you wish to invoke further dilution?'

I would like to think that it would it be for the purchase of a near term or actual revenue generating asset?

Do you agree Shaun with my thinking?
Mremc2
Reactions:

Post by Mremc2 »

Let's not forget the refreshment period - How long are you in London? .... "I'm not telling you that" Ha Ha!
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Dipsard ~ would you be in a position to record and print the questions put to SD for those of us who won’t be able to attend etc, please?
Apols if you think this presumptuous!
Best
Z
Scarabeatle
Reactions:

Post by Scarabeatle »

What measures are Newcrest and Greatland going to adopt or consider to reduce their carbon footprint. Are renewable energy sources going to be installed to help power the mine if and when it gets to that stage.
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Post by DipSard »

zoros wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:42 pm Dipsard ~ would you be in a position to record and print the questions put to SD for those of us who won’t be able to attend etc, please?
Apols if you think this presumptuous!
Best
Z
Hi Z - am definitely looking to attend so bar a travel delay will be there in person, I'm not sure what the format is or if LSE are recording the mtg as not being live streamed, I'm sure many of us including myself will be trying to keep tabs on anything of interest and communicate that as best we can, but assume Chatham House rule will be applying.
Creating a transcript using a YouTube export or rewatching an interview is one thing... real time transcribing not in my bag of tricks unfortunately!
I've got a very rushed journey back for a late train but am sure Stu and Liam can perhaps do a Hobo in the Park recap lol
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Rotherby wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:58 pm Mine is a simple request.

The 2d representations of the ore body are hard to understand, can you find a way of giving us 3d animation of the ore body.

GGP and Newcrest must have this on their software and often software has an export mode to allow others without the software to view.
I'm still going to meet him and others but the3d looks good
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Rotherby wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:03 am
Rotherby wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:58 pm Mine is a simple request.

I'm still going to meet him and others but the3d looks good
Bambs this should help you