Crestfallen...? Nope... It's a 'Cheerful Day...'

All things Greatland Gold.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Crestfallen...? Nope... It's a 'Cheerful Day...'

Post by Hydrogen »

After feeling slightly worried re the potential outcome for the 5%... I have to say I'm seriously excited again...

There's something about Shaun, I trust. I know he's had his fair share of 'fund raises gone wrong' in the past (categorically not his fault, mind - as described by me in Telegram) for him to avoid that situation, or even vaguely risk overly “talking up” anything to shareholders, at this critical juncture... That's not to say that the market can't move against him... but I think his stated clarity in emails and obvious confidence, expressed to shareholders, on funding options and availability... actually really means business now. Serious business.

I think it's easy to infer he's played a very straight bat.
And rightly so...

But what's also quite funny - and truely brilliant! - in all this, is that he obviously totally surprised himself!! With his own success and strategic tenacity. Today, Shaun can be confident.

He said he’d be crestfallen selling 5%… but nope.. it's a wonderful, Cheerful Day!! He won this battle, he got what he wanted, and did it with style...

Sandeep may have just thought "F**k this for a game of soldiers, this guy is really good". We need to play the long game now. It's still poker, mind. So watch out...!! But holding onto that 5% makes a really big difference to GGP's bottom line. A truly fantastic result.

Crestfallen we are not... My initial reaction yesterday, was not of surprise, but of - genuinely - total delight!!. I'm super, super excited for what this means.

Shaun once said of Callum ... "sometimes it's better to be lucky than right..." How's about being both?

Great work Shaun Day.
Last edited by Hydrogen on Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
In the end, Truth prevails...
Dot01
Reactions:

Re: Crestfallen...? Nope... It's a 'Cheerful Day...'

Post by Dot01 »

Agreed.
Very positive outcome which in my mind moves the focus on to GGP bank funding.
On that note, very heartened by the SD e-mail response to Matt Biddle’s query to him after the 5% announcement yesterday.
It absolutely ties in with Shaun’s comments at the recent London meeting where he was bullish re financing options in both the formal and informal sessions.
Chrisatbirdies
Reactions:

Post by Chrisatbirdies »

Love readings your comments hydro, a lot of what is happening regarding the shorting and now newcrest turning down the 5% leaves me baffled and frankly is well above my pay grade.
Keep the comments coming . Bottle et all have done a marvellous service to us by providing this service and we owe a great debt of thanks.
Zelosdan
Reactions:

Post by Zelosdan »

Great post Hydro, as usual, I to was initially shock at the refusal of such a deal. Newcrest must have other greater returns fo their cash right now. Did actually remind me of the Newmont situation a little.
Returning to the shorters, I thought the original group, shall we call them James for short, were nearly burnt out. Then JPM arrived, smashing the price down, saving James.
At that stage I think we all thought either they are all working together, or maybe JPM are trying to carve a slice for Newcrest.
JPM have not increased their short, so must be happy about the situation, as they surely could hammer the price down further, with their financial violence.
IMHO JPM are working with their similar sized tag partner Blackrock, actually mugging the James group.
The James group have been going crazy to fight the good news, to not much success, largely due to the Blackrock Funds.
Once Blackrock as had their fill, JPM will close, and disaster ensues for the James Group.

Well done Shaun

Greatland Gold Fields £5+5%