REMINDER - Diggers & Dealers Mining Forum

All things Greatland Gold.
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

REMINDER - Diggers & Dealers Mining Forum

Post by CanisLycaon »

Just a reminder that the DIGGERS & DEALERS MINING FORUM 2022 is upcoming in a couple of weeks!

Our good 'friend' Fraser MacCorquodale, General Manager Exploration at Newcrest Mining, will be speaking again on the first day, Monday, 1st August, at 10:15 am (Perth WA time, so currently 7 hours ahead of us in the UK).

Another reminder, is that back last year, at D&D 2021, Fraser was, frankly, amazing, in his promotion of Havieron!

He said,

"Over the past few years there have been some great exploration success stories coming out of Australia,”

“The best example is the Havieron discovery by Greatland who were willing to drill holes up to a kilometre and the reward for both companies out of that has been fantastic."

“We’ve got a growth program in place right now and that is all about how we grow that resource base.”

“That mineralisation is still open – the drilling program is trying to find the extent of the high-grade and continuity of mineralisation,”

“We’re drilling around those to define the footprint of the higher-grade and also to see if we can get that corridor to link to one bigger zone of mineralisation,”

“The Eastern Breccia target only has a number of holes drilled so we still don’t have the geological controls and dimensions of the system.”

AND, famously:

This is all about (finding if there) are there more Havierons floating around Havieron,”

If anyone isn't looking forwards to it, I just don't understand! :shock:

HOWEVER, I just hope that the 'POWERS THAT BE' at Newcrest Mining, won't be tempering his enthusiasm this year! ;)

Our great leader, Shaun Day, is also due to speak on Tuesday, 2nd August, at 3:15 PM, so will surely be backing up (and probably increasing) what Fraser has to say!

https://www.diggersndealers.com.au/
"Every drill hole we put in there finds more gold"
strudel
Reactions:

Re: REMINDER - Diggers & Dealers Mining Forum

Post by strudel »

@Eastern Wolf,

Thanks for the advance warning and fond memories of last year.

The event will be a curiosity for sure - with the next drill results on the 21st July and then this event where the industry get to see who has the biggest .....

Reserves.

Hopefully if the 5% has been formally settled by then NC will be talking up HAV rather than holding everything close to their chest.
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
GoGreen1
Reactions:

Post by GoGreen1 »

Yes, given SD said he’s in London for as long as it takes (the context I believe was debt funding to go alongside the 5%), will he be doing his D & D presentation by zoom from London or will he be back in Perth, 5% deal and bank funding in the corporate back pocket? A v interesting few weeks ahead….
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Rumour has it, he may be about to blow the lid off the nickel.... :o :o :lol:
Otherwise

BID INCOMING>>>>>>>
In the end, Truth prevails...
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

And Shaun will be live at 08:25am UK.

How convenient !!!
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

The Livestream of the 70 presentations can be accessed via this LINK (Registration required):

https://www.diggersndealers.com.au/dnd/ ... n=register

And the most up-to-date program will be available via the WEBSITE:

Kalgoorlie, WA is on AWST, so currently 7 hours ahead of the UK.
Nitram64
Reactions:

Post by Nitram64 »

Perhaps the Aussies are beginning to take note of us.

‘Dealmaker’s Paradise’: These are the big names on the card at Diggers and Dealers

Greatland Gold
London-listed Greatland is one of five internationally listed firms on the program alongside South Africa’s Gold Fields, Canadian gold giant Agnico Eagle, Ecuador copper play SolGold and Toronto-listed, Kambalda based Karora Resources.

It may be the most interesting of the lot, as it progresses its minority owned Havieron gold-copper project in WA’s Paterson Province.

Greatland has provided some fireworks in recent times, grinding against its JV partner and majority Havieron owner Newcrest over the valuation of the mine, for which the junior went rogue with its own resource update a few months ago.

An option for Newcrest over 5% of the mine was recently priced at US$60 million in a pre-approved process outlined in the initial JV agreement, valuing Havieron at US$1.2 billion.

Greatland is understandably happy, but thinks it should be worth more. Time will tell.

Newcrest and Antipa Minerals (ASX:AZY), which is drilling with NCM and a host of other JV partners on an extensive tenement package in and around the Paterson Province, are also on the bill.

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/deal ... d-dealers/
Nitram64
Reactions:

Post by Nitram64 »

Newcrest Diggers & Dealers Presentation.

No mention of Nickel at Havieron (dispite highlighting of Diorite across the deposit). Havieron appears to have a major billing in the presentation.

Still big mentions of Zipa, Havieron North & Meco as Geophysical targets and potential to grow the resource at Havieron.

https://www.newcrest.com/sites/default/ ... tation.pdf
HopefullyGold
Reactions:

Post by HopefullyGold »

Nitram64 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:56 am Newcrest Diggers & Dealers Presentation.

No mention of Nickel at Havieron (dispite highlighting of Diorite across the deposit). Havieron appears to have a major billing in the presentation.

Still big mentions of Zipa, Havieron North & Meco as Geophysical targets and potential to grow the resource at Havieron.

https://www.newcrest.com/sites/default/ ... tation.pdf
That's last years presentation
Nitram64
Reactions:

Post by Nitram64 »

Many apologies should have paid more attention.

At least it gives us something to compare this years to. :roll:
Rose The Red Head
Reactions:

Post by Rose The Red Head »

CanisLycaon wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:15 am The Livestream of the 70 presentations can be accessed via this LINK (Registration required):

https://www.diggersndealers.com.au/dnd/ ... n=register

And the most up-to-date program will be available via the WEBSITE:

Kalgoorlie, WA is on AWST, so currently 7 hours ahead of the UK.
Thank you.

RTRH
lebugue-addick
Reactions:

Post by lebugue-addick »

Shaun Day, right up front in his talk, was again talking of an ASX cross listing. "Better multiples than London". A year ago he was less keen but we've heard his frustration with the SP before and looks like he might be ready to see what the Aussie market thinks of Greatland. Two markets are better than one and shows AIM up for what it is. A good move and I applaud his statement today. Let's see how this progresses.
"If I said you had a beautiful ore body would you hold it against me?" :lol:
poniexpress
Reactions:

Post by poniexpress »

Interesting point and a seriously positive reaction from the Aussie market would help. I think ASX would not react in the way that AIM does and has.
HopefullyGold
Reactions:

Diggers & Dealers Mining Forum

Post by HopefullyGold »

Shaun in my opinion laying out exactly the Havieron case but being respectful to NCM and stopping short of saying what he actually thinks.

Shaun the movie on Youtube

https://youtu.be/qmAWxHYWkro
IMG_6542.PNG
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Post by DipSard »

Notes from GGP Presentation at Diggers and Dealers - 02 Aug 2022

Link to read and download transcript and slides:

https://www.ggpchat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=433
“Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius
lebugue-addick
Reactions:

Post by lebugue-addick »

So there you have it from the mouth of Shaun Day:

"... with our operating assets here in Australia it's a great opportunity to build our profile here and what's more it's worth me sharing that we are presently reviewing the opportunity to undertake an ASX cross listing.

I think for us we celebrate and we want to continue to build on the strength of our London listing but potentially there's the opportunity to get the best of both worlds, we're an Australian asset, Australian management team, a peer group here on the ASX and I think if you look at the observed multiples over time, they typically trend higher or trade higher multiples here in Australia so there's an opportunity to benefit from that arbitrage".
"If I said you had a beautiful ore body would you hold it against me?" :lol: