Interview with Callum Bxater - Coffee with Samso

All things Greatland Gold.
Ruprah
Reactions:

Re: Interview with Callum Bxater - Coffee with Samso

Post by Ruprah »

Assured and confident.... Callum knows what we have....
Great timing ..... Hopefully 5% resolved and Resource upgrade by the end of July
Habari65
Reactions:

Post by Habari65 »

That’s a good interview, thanks for posting.
GH used to dominate the interviews so good to hear things from CB’s perspective. His expectations of a further 50% increase in resource is great news. Apart from SD saying this, it’s as close as ‘from the horses mouth’ as we will get.
Also interesting that Newcrest gave him access to their core library from previous drilling at Hav to help them develop the drill plans for GGP drill program at Hav.
Adrianjuk
Reactions:

Post by Adrianjuk »

That was a great interview with a man whom has achieved so much but isn't bragging about it. He seemed quite humble and feet on the ground.

I particularly enjoyed the bit where he says, referring to the early Havieron drilling
"It was difficult to miss the mineralisation". How much does that say about what we are invested in?

IMO, He deserves every Au dollar he gets out of his dealings in GGP and I for one, wish him the very best for the future, he is a true gent.

GLA
Scoobydoog
Reactions:

Post by Scoobydoog »

Excellent interview.

Enthusiastic about future prospects for GGP without the hype. Just honest opinion from a man in the know.

Notable was his observations on the sp. Nothing to do with the company. More to do with global issues. Therefore once GGP hits more stuff the sp will eventually catch up.

Just be patient my friends.

ATB
Scoob
JONNO100
Reactions:

Post by JONNO100 »

Excellent interview- thank you for posting it ATB Jonno
IanFTM
Reactions:

Post by IanFTM »

Great interview. Thanks for posting and thanks to @dipsard for the transcript
leslieby101
Reactions:

Post by leslieby101 »

Habari65 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:16 pm Also interesting that Newcrest gave him access to their core library from previous drilling at Hav to help them develop the drill plans for GGP drill program at Hav.
Very telling wasn't it.
Digbydog
Reactions:

Post by Digbydog »

One not to be missed EG? Callum Baxter.
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

leslieby101 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:13 am
Habari65 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:16 pm Also interesting that Newcrest gave him access to their core library from previous drilling at Hav to help them develop the drill plans for GGP drill program at Hav.
Very telling wasn't it.
Back in the day did Newcrest take WA government money to help drill the first handful of HAV exploration drills? And is there an on-going obligation to store the cores and make them accessible to anyone who asks during the following X decades?

Or is Callum just the kind of decent bloke you'd open the door to and invite in when he asks?
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

So, in summary, no surprise really...Investing in mining is a long term investment, and RISKY!

If you think that the rewards will come in the short term, think on! It's highly unlikely!

Therefore, IMHO, it's probably best that you don't invest, as, you'll probably just join the likes of the BB trolls, who still just don't get it!

If you think that the rewards will come later, then it's maybe a great investment for you!

That decision is largely based on the management, and if you trust them to take you to those highs! I do!

As for GGP, it's all of the above, BUT, if you can't see the long term investment benefit, staring you in the face, frankly, I give up!

DYOR & GLA!
"Every drill hole we put in there finds more gold"
thelearner
Reactions:

Post by thelearner »

Adrianjuk wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:56 pm I particularly enjoyed the bit where he says, referring to the early Havieron drilling
"It was difficult to miss the mineralisation". How much does that say about what we are invested in?
I was quite surprised by this - I think he meant they had huge faith in the modelling they had done, plus NCM had already found mineralisation in one of the previous drills.

He said was very confident there were more elephants to be found "under cover" - and my worry is from some of the comments people think mining exploration is easy. It's not - Calum also said in the interview going exploring under deep cover was high risk and very expensive.
It maybe has been made easier with modern modelling techniques, which he said - same techniques but advances give much better resolution on data.

I hope we are very close at Scally and on some of the Juri JV targets. Also agree he was very enthused about prospects at Ernest Giles.
First GGP Purchase April 2019. Then never stopped. From the lows to the highs to the lows. Staying Long.
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

SmallFry
Reactions:

Post by SmallFry »

Brilliant interview. Its easy to get frustrated with the share price but certainly gave me a big lift, especially Ernest Giles. So much so I’ll be looking to buy some more this this morning.
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

"...The journey for a discovery is never an overnight process. In reality, discoveries of any mineral deposit has a minimum timeframe of years and development is usually in decades (including exploration and resource development).

The Coffee with Samso - Exploration Discovery Series is aimed at showcasing the discovery and also the more interesting parts of the exploration journeys. The insides of what happened and what did and what could not have happened that led to the discovery, for me is the fun part of the conversation.

The discovery of Havieron is one of the recent success that has come about because management kept the faith and applied the principals of mineral exploration. As an exploration geologist, the discovery of Havieron is one that excites me. The chase for discovery is one of the most satisfying feelings one could experience. The idea of setting up a company to source funding to chase the elephant deposits is high on my bucket list.

This is why I want to bring these stories onto the Samso platform so that the average investor out there can have insights into these journeys.

I hope you enjoy the video and get some sense of the "excitement" that was in the room when Callum and his associates received the results from the drilling...."