Block Cave Cost Estimate - GGP 25% Share $207m

All things Greatland Gold.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Block Cave Cost Estimate - GGP 25% Share $207m

Post by Hydrogen »

Of note, in that Fitch Solutions research (I just published) is the Oz minerals Carrapateena example:

As a direct comparison of the costs associated with block caving (often hammed up as some major problem by Biggles et al) take the Oz minerals Carrapateena project - (which I often quote ) - as this project is extremely analogous to Havieron: It’s a deep, underground mine, under circa 400m cover, with fast start mine, plus a later 2x block caves (copper with gold)… where capex is US$ 1.37bn - total for the block cave expansion.

Now key is that same as format as Havieron) . Ie Early production starter mine first then block-cave follows later. But ALSO key is as a virgin greenfield site they were required to build : c57km new access road , two deep 400m declines ( access + conveyor decline ) , new airport, new dedicated processing facility, full mine build out , new accommodation village , even the power generation plants etc etc etc all for $700m and $1,37bn...

That investment takes the Carrapateena project to 12mt per annum... (sound familiar ? )

NOW back to Havieron : say we’ve 25% of $1.2v - 1.3bn USD (GGP share inclusive of inflation) to find (given how much infrastructure already exists at Telfer, it's possibly less ) and that $370m will have already been spent, by then on the fast start SLOS mine:

That leaves ( less than ) US $830bn x 0.25 or $207m net to GGP (after the $73m for fast start mine) to get to full block cave production ie 500-700koz per year for 20 years... Here's the numbers:

4MT/year for 15 years at 2.5g/t from the fast start high grade SLOS mine = 322koz
10Mt/year at 0.79 g/t from the Block Cave / Sub Level Cave = 254koz

= Havieron Grand total = 576 koz / year

By my reckoning that’s 144 Koz net to GGP, which means, at $1800 gold, $259m revenue, they could pay off the block/sub level cave debt of £207m out just 1.5 to 2 year’s mine revenues and still have some 18- 25 years production ;)

BUT 144koz net @ $2500 gold = $360m annually. less that 1 year revenue :shock:

Havieorn will become a money making machine... And these figures are not fantasy they are based on REAL world example below:

Caveat is that Carrapateena's SUB LEVEL Cave starter mine cost $700m in 2017 vs SLOS Havieron mine costing less @ $370m (so overall the there was more money spent 'up front' at Carrapateena.. but they need much more infrastructure as it was a virgin greenfield location.

References:

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200623/ ... yz3m26.pdf
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/o ... expansion/
https://www.mining-technology.com/news/ ... n-project/

"OZ Minerals managing director and CEO Andrew Cole said: “The integration and acceleration of the Block Cave Expansion allows progressive de-risking of the Carrapateena Province in its sub level cave ramp-up to 4.7 to 5.0Mtpa from 2023 and transition from sub level cave to block cave, while preserving optionality at future major capital milestone decisions over the coming years.

“The accelerated program could bring forward commencement of block cave production by circa six months.”
In the end, Truth prevails...
jecsggp
Reactions:

Re: Block Cave Cost Estimate - GGP 25% Share $207m

Post by jecsggp »

Agree and IMO it is the lower infrastructure costs that are fundamental to this being a big earner for the longer term. :)
GGP holder for the longer term.
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Why not wait for the DFS, saves all the guess work?
Z
PickandShovel
Reactions:

Post by PickandShovel »

Great post Hydro, this is the sort of stuff people need to see and understand, especially when the share price and general market is down. It helps people focus a bit more on the horizon instead of what is immediately in front of them at this very second.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

zoros wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:21 am Why not wait for the DFS, saves all the guess work?
Z
Simples Zorros ...

It's not guess work... It follows logic and reason, using a very similar project. Have you even taken a moment to look at the Oz minerals PFS?
GoGreen1
Reactions:

Post by GoGreen1 »

That is good work Hydro, thank you, reinforces the capex position. Once they have the funding for the starter mine (5% and debt) the pathway is v clear. Anyone who can, just ignore the share price, it bears no relation to the value of Havieron.
Redirons
Reactions:

Post by Redirons »

Thank you for your effort and selflessness Hydro - you were missed on LSE for this very reason!! Looks good to me and all verifiable!!
Redirons
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Hydrogen,
it is guess work. Variables include:
3mt/yr and 319KozAu/year (NCM mineral resource update page 10)..
12 years not 15yrs.
Bulk Caving won't start until 2028, 4 years after the SLOS.
You missed out the recovery rates for Au and Cu.
You also missed out the AISC's for both mines.??
You then "invented" $2500PoG?? Why not quote: $10,000 PoG?
You missed out the fact that they are considering 2 x Bulk mines not one.
You missed out tolling fees, Aussie tax. Debt repayments.

So yes you have guessed what will happen, when it will happen and how much it will make.

There is another argument that the figures could be even better than your calcs. Making us even more money.
So we might be miles out from the Carrapateena model.

By all means 'suggest' what could happen but don't infer it is 'fact and reason'.

You say: "It's not guesswork", I say: "It is".

Regards
Z
GoGreen1
Reactions:

Post by GoGreen1 »

Zoros I don’t think Hydrogen was trying to present those calculations as 100% fact proven figures, they were indicative based on what we know now and some assumptions. The $2500 gold figure was a ‘look what it could be if this happens’. His generalconclusions are reasonable and show the type of pathway we have to free cash generation. We all prob have our own ideas which may vary slightly in different elements of the calcs.
Redirons
Reactions:

Post by Redirons »

I agree GoGreen and feel Zoros is being a bit harsh on Hydro’s endeavours. The point is Hydro showed all his calculations in order that people could see whether his take was conservative or overly optimistic. It just gives a benchmark for less capable mathematicians (like me) to follow the thought process. Bit harsh Zoros imho!
Redirons
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

TBF - “estimate” is in the title.
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Fair Dinkums chasps.
Apols Hydro if I was a tad harsh, a long day yesterday.
Estimate away.................
Z ;)
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Zoros... Interesting point

Now - Using your analytical and well honed business skills... how do you think my cost and production volume metrics compare to Sprott's recent Note
...?
Saints 07
Reactions:

Post by Saints 07 »

Love your analysis Hydro, appreciate your posts.
It’s been tough over last year, but when you are hanging in for the rewards, we need inspiration through views and analysis.
It’s appreciated. I just hope we get the chance to be apart of the mining story, SD certainly fighting for it.
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Afternoon Hydrogen.
You say:
4MT/year for 15 years at 2.5g/t from the fast start high grade SLOS mine = 322koz
10Mt/year at 0.79 g/t from the Block Cave / Sub Level Cave = 254koz
= Havieron Grand total = 576 koz / year
Sprott says:
If SLOS plans remain unchanged: 264Koz/yr.
If second conveyor decline installed: Total goes up to 723Koz/yr.
For the block cave: they don't appear to quote gold recovery rate/yr (yet).
Whatever - the output will be closer to 900Koz/yr once both mines are running.

You say:
By my reckoning that’s 144 Koz net to GGP, which means, at $1800 gold, $259m revenue, they could pay off the block/sub level cave debt of £207m out just 1.5 to 2 year’s mine revenues and still have some 18- 25 years production
I say: What about the deduction of AISC? So taking your figures: 144Koz x PoG - aisc = £115M revenue (instead of your £219 as advertised).

And finally, you say:
Now - Using your analytical and well honed business skills... how do you think my cost and production volume metrics compare to Sprott's recent Note
...?
I say: Miles out!

Regards
Z
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Costa »

Zoros, so on those (your written Sprott) figures you get to £202,500,000, no?

900000 * 0.25 * (1800-900)
Gelli Aur
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Hi Zoros
You say Hydrogen is miles out.
I think you are incorrect with your calculations here and on the other thread.
Hydrogen has not stated net income, he states revenue, where you have confused revenues with net income.
Your other calculations relate to a mining plan that can’t be achieved.
See my thread “Mining Plan”

A conveyor decline will be of no use on the SLOS operation, we need a second decline for trucking or a shaft/hoist preferably to achieve Sprotts 9mt/pa
The Eastern Breccia bulk mine will be first not the main ore body this can run separately to the SLOS operation so Hydrogen’s 0.79g/t is too low 1.5g/t looks to be an achievable grade there as the high grade maybe taken out with the caving.
The conversion rate quoted is 86% the highest Shaun has ever seen that is the figure your looking for.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

Bamps21 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:24 am
See my thread “Mining Plan”
https://www.ggpchat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1689#p1689
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Bamps,
The calculations are from Sprott, why do you think their mine?
The second conveyor decline is Sprott idea, why do you think it’s mine?
I’m comparing hydrogens maths estimate with Sprott maths estimate????
Read it again.
Z
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Liam,
Did you get my email about “loose ends”.
Z