DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Re: Tailings Dams

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

The pipeline runs from Port Headland
https://www.epa.wa.gov.au/proposals/tel ... ng-project
photo_2023-06-10_14-20-00.jpg
@shinybits - I have sent you an email (used to sign up to this website)
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

The Stockhead article relates to the generalised MRE quantities that incorporate 3 zones
The sulphides in the SE crescent
The Link zone only a few drills have gone through it.
The Breccia a new combined zone of the Northern and Eastern breccia, the Eastern breccia is too deep for estimates to give an indicated resource, hence the 68m inferred.

The SE crescent is the starter mine it has a grade of 3g/t au or 3.6g/t eq
That’s at 3mt per year this included attached breccia.
The PFS was 2mt per and was at 3.6g/t + cu as it only took in the sulphides and excluded the breccia.

Calling me a frenzied optimist is a bit strong, as I am a pragmatic realist.
I have been stating for some years now that trucking 3m tons to Telfer per year is a tall order but just about doable with a crusher at Havieron.
As tonnages increase this looks unviable even Newcrest gave a range of transport items in the PFS other than trucking.
Therefore building a plant at sometime in the future looks more economic.
However initially Telfer and Havieron are linked due to the infrastructure already in place and the tailings that are required for the paste filling.

When you consider the Eastern Breccia had a drill intercept of 342m @2g/t + cu on its first drill, a bulk mine will be feasible and Rick Rule commented that is a Tier 1 on its own. It’s grown since then but still to deep to infill drill to gain a reserve estimate. This will need another form of transport to Telfer or a plant at Havieron.
Never rule anything out.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

The pipeline serves Nifty and Telfer, from this the ownership is split, approx. 20% to APA, this I think means it can be extended.

https://www.apa.com.au/our-services/gas ... -pipeline/
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
Maximus’s dad
Reactions:

Post by Maximus’s dad »

Yes plenty of options and mixtures of options available,I don’t think that building a standalone plant if necessary at Havieron at some time in the future is as onerous either financially or logistically as can be sometimes suggested.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Dad, I agree with that.

I included it as a method among many of putting us (PI's) into a similar position of any possible bidder for Havieron, they as will GGP have to look at it from all possible events and out comes.

The great known unknows are
Can Telfer make a profit on its own, with more concentrated management, that do not see it as an end of life facility.
The clean up costs for Telfer
Can anything stop Havieron becoming an operating mine, well reduced but still a risk item.

There must be also some unknown unknows, which any management would put in a contingence in establishing the values of the Newmont disposals.
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
droverman
Reactions:

Post by droverman »

Telfer is not the problem as long as POG remains above 2150 usd oz and will make huge profits at > 2500 usd oz. Telfer has many small deposits in its location at around 1,000,000 oz in each deposit. As mentioned before there is a huge cobalt deposit as well.
As Bamps says, the problem is getting more than 3 million tones of feed from Havieron to Telfer when they extend the present mining plan. The only way is to build a conveyor system with a pulverisation plant at Havieron. Building a conveyor is not a problem, in Morocco they have systems over 100 Km long and look at SXX plant in Yorkshire an underground conveyor system over 50 km in length. In PNG they put the ore down a pipe from top of a mountain to the dock over 50 km away so engineering and designing is not a problem.
If we go to bulk mining we need a plant which can take at least 10 million tons a year and Telfer has that capacity and more if other ore deposits are found. Why pay for a new plant at Havieron unless we find Havieron 11, 111, 1V etc in Scallywag or JVs. DM
Maximus’s dad
Reactions:

Post by Maximus’s dad »

I’m sure the talk of a processing plant at Havieron is as much about an element of negotiating as anything else. Newmont will stress Telfer’s benefits and GGP will say yes that’s true but there’s also pros to building a new plant closer, just to emphasis that their hands aren’t tied to purchasing Telfer.
Good to have options as SD says.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

IMG_6719.jpeg
Still looks very wet
Shinybits
Reactions:

Post by Shinybits »

Word around the campfire suggests that Telfer has again shut down its mills due to having discovered another hole in the tailings dam, in a different area to that discovered on Dec 24th last year. Not good, Let’s hope it’s not as significant as the previous one, I assume there will be a prohibition notice from DMIRS and it will take a while to get that lifted if last time was anything to go by.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Had this from Ben this morning
image_2024-04-16_094433849.png
Shinybits
Reactions:

Post by Shinybits »

Seems odd to blame ‘heavy weather’… it hasn’t rained for a month.

Nevertheless that’s the least of their problems in the last couple of days…. ;)
speedymeadie
Reactions:

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi Shinybits. Can you please elaborate on "their problems in the last couple of days" ATB Speedy
jecsggp
Reactions:

Post by jecsggp »

Perhaps the sale/buy price needs to be dropped a bit ... :) .
GGP holder for the longer term.
Shinybits
Reactions:

Post by Shinybits »

speedymeadie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:43 am Hi Shinybits. Can you please elaborate on "their problems in the last couple of days" ATB Speedy
Another hole in the tails dam the following day, a crack in dam wall weeping slurry….

…and a fire in the power station.

Somebody has irritated the Gods.
FuttBucker
Reactions:

Post by FuttBucker »

Sabotage by "the shorts"? ;)
Shinybits
Reactions:

Post by Shinybits »

Better news than expected… power hopefully back on within 24 hours (need to replenish fire suppressant gas cylinders first, on its way from prob Perth I guess), and with tails dam situation, hopefully get a train back up and running within a month.

Not ideal but I’d expected heaps worse on both counts to be honest.

Fingers crossed 🤞
speedymeadie
Reactions:

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi Shiny. Thanks for the response. ATB Speedy